In The Last Four Days
In the last four days I have:
1. Packed all of my uni stuff into my tiny car and cleaned the entire house almost single handedly (as my housemates moved out a few days before me and despite all our attempts at cleaning early, there’s always so much to do that you forget about).
2. Said goodbye to my uni friends after seeing Despicable 2 (amazing!) and going for a meal. I ended up getting back home from uni at half past midnight!
3. Been to watch a canoe race on the Sunday, whilst having to explain to about 20 million people that I wasn’t racing because I’d barely moved from my desk in the last two months, I’d only paddled my new boat once and I’d got back late the night before after a whole lot of manual labour cleaning the house. I don’t think one person thought any of those reasons was acceptable.
4. Started my placement in a lab at a hospital. I wrote about this ages ago when I’d just applied for loads of placements, but I never followed up and told you all that I managed to get the funding so I could do the placement and improve my C.V. (yay), but also give up 10 weeks of my 12 week summer working 9-5 five days a week in a hot lab, along with having an hour and a bit commute (not so yay).
5. Had my first experience of driving in rush hour traffic. I’m not a fan.
6. Paddled my new boat in a training session with everyone else for the first time. Yes, I fell in. Yes, I might have swallowed a small amount of water and then seen a dead shrew floating by. No, I don’t regret buying the boat – IT IS FREAKING AWESOME and I love it to bits and after I fell in it was just so much better than my other boat. I think I’ve found true love!
7. Had such a busy schedule that I hardly know whether I’m coming or going. I left the house at 7:30 this morning and didn’t get back till 8:30 this evening. Since then, I’ve eaten tea, put my washing on, watered the garden, had a shower, rung my mum, written a blog post and now I have to hang my washing up before going to bed. I aimed to be in bed by 10pm, but it’s now ten past so I’ve had to lower my expectations to 10:30pm. Oh well…
So, sorry for the rushed post! I’ll try and update you a bit on what I’m actually doing in my placement soon, but for now I must go to bed!